Author: Steven Ertelt
Republican members of Congress appear to have a new deal to repeal Obamacare and the legislation also retains language to defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
Last month Republicans pulled a bill to defund Planned Parenthood and repeal Obamacare because not enough Republicans were on board with the package. Some Republicans voted against the bill — with more Liberal Republicans opposing the portion that would defund the major abortion business in the country and conservative Republicans wanting to repeal Obamacare entirely as opposed to repealing portions of it.
Now, according to a new story in the Washington Examiner, Republican lawmakers appear closer to putting together a new piece of legislation that will attract more votes to be able to pass through the House of Representatives. But it is still not clear if the new legislation will persuade every recalcitrant Republican.
The key for the pro-life movement has been retaining language in the reconciliation package that would revoke hundreds of millions of dollars for the taxpayer-funded Planned Parenthood abortion company. No matter what language appears on the Obamacare repeal, leading pro-life groups have been lobbying Republican members of Congress to include the defunding language and this new deal does exactly that.
Here is more on the Obamacare repeal language contained in the potential that insulation:
The deal was outlined in an amendment to the American Health Care Act, an Obamacare repeal deal that was pulled last month due to insufficient support. The amendment would let states opt out of requiring insurers to cover essential health benefits such as maternity care or hospitalization.
The amendment would keep the requirement that insurers have to cover people with pre-existing conditions. However, it lets states opt out of a price control called community rating, which prevents insurers from charging people with pre-existing conditions exorbitant prices.
Rep. Tom MacArthur, R-N.J., a co-chairman of the centrist Tuesday Group, wrote the amendment. He has been in talks with the White House, Republican leadership and the conservative House Freedom Caucus to inch toward a deal. It is not clear, though, if more members of the Tuesday Group will get on board.
The deal — brokered by centrist Tuesday Group co-chair Tom MacArthur and hard-right Freedom Caucus head Mark Meadows — proposes giving states more flexibility to opt out of major Obamacare provisions, while at the same time preserving popular protections like the law’s ban on discrimination against people with pre-existing conditions.
On Wednesday, Speaker Paul Ryan in London said Republicans are putting the “finishing touches” on a health care proposal.
The previous defunding legislation enjoyed the support of pro-life groups like the Susan B. Anthony List and National Right to Life for defunding Planned Parenthood and closing abortion-funding loopholes in Obamacare.
A 2014 GAO report revealed that over 1,000 federally subsidized plans nationwide were covering elective abortion. The prior bill, H.R. 1628, would repeal the provisions of law that created this system, and prohibit any future federal tax credits from subsidizing the purchase of plans that cover elective abortion, thereby restoring the longstanding principles of the Hyde Amendment with respect to federally funded health coverage.”
National Right to Life told LifeNews: “We are supporting H.R. 1628 because it: 1) prevents credits from being used for plans that pay for abortions, 2) eliminates about 85% of federal PP funding for the next year, 3) preserves non-taxed employer provided health plans and 4) postpones the “Cadillac tax” until 2026.”
As LifeNews.com reported, President Donald Trump made an offer to the Planned Parenthood abortion company that it would not only keep its funding but would increase its taxcpayer funding if it would stop killing babies in abortions and focus on legitimate non-abortion healthcare. But Planned Parenthood said no.
A recent survey found that community health centers not only provide more comprehensive health care than Planned Parenthood, excluding abortions, they also outnumber the abortion group’s facilities by 20 to one.
President Donald Trump promised to sign a bill that would defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
Recent polls also indicate Americans support the defunding efforts. New polling found 56 percent of Americans in battleground states want Planned Parenthood defunded.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all twelve:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $ 200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies. The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.
- The 12th video in the series shows new footage of Jennefer Russo, medical director at Planned Parenthood in Orange County, California, describing to undercover investigators how her abortion business tries to harvest intact aborted babies’ bodies for a local for-profit biotech company and changes the abortion procedure to do so.
- The 13th video: exposes a Planned Parenthood medical director admitting that babies born alive after abortion are sometimes killed.