This evening, on Sixty Minutes, some jamoke named Steve Pelley tried to tar certain alternative conservative sites as “Fake News”.
They did so by lumping legitimate, right-leaning opinion sites — like Mike Cernovich’s Danger and Play — with purely satirical sites.
It would seem that gen-you-eyen journalists like those at CBS News can’t discern between their betters at Fox News and The Onion.
In the interest of transparency, and to assist CBS, I have compiled the ultimate list of #FakeNews stories that have circulated over the last decade or two:
• They told us that taking trillions of dollars and giving it to those “who truly needed it” would eradicate poverty. #FakeNews
• They told us that giving home loans to those who couldn’t afford them would make the American dream achievable for all. #FakeNews
• They told us that letting the federal government run our health care system — and those of our veterans — would reduce premiums and make care accessible for all. #FakeNews
• They told us that allowing millions of unvetted third-worlders — from gang-bangers to professional moochers — would make America safer. #FakeNews
• They told us that allowing teachers to unionize in public schools would help inner city students reach for the stars. #FakeNews
• They told us that letting the federal government could put our savings into a Social Security “Trust Fund” would guarantee a comfortable retirement for everyone. #FakeNews
• They told us that the new employment paradigm consisted of millions of “green jobs”. #FakeNews
• They told us that their support for immoral and sexually deviant behavior wouldn’t result in the breakdown of the two-parent family. #FakeNews
• They told us that spending trillions on Stimulus programs would heal a damaged economy. #FakeNews
• They told us that raising taxes on corporations and “the rich” would create more jobs. #FakeNews
• They told us that slathering welfare payments and food stamps would help the economy. #FakeNews
• They told us that their record-breaking borrowing could never result in a downgrade of the United States’ AAA credit rating. #FakeNews
• They told us that Donald Trump had no chance to ever be elected President. #FakeNews
• And they told us that anyone who opposes their unconstitutional, un-American, reckless and failed policies are xenophobes and racists. #FakeNews
Oh, a favor: please pass along this fairly comprehensive list to CBS.
Related: Don’t Cry for Me, America.